Netgear Router SetupNetgear Router Setup is an easy way to keep multiple devices like smartphones, computers, laptops, etc. connected to the internet. Netgear routers are the most used devices around the world due to the great security level they offer. To set up a router, just access its default login web page and follow the on-screen steps. But a mixture of ports, cables and other components which come with the router can make the Netgear router setup process a bit difficult. Also, on-screen steps can be hard to understand for regular users. So, it’s recommended to contact highly-experienced and knowledgeable experts and make the router working in a few moments. In case you are looking to set up your Netgear WiFi router manually, go through the steps given below.
Netgear Router Wireless Setup Steps
Don't have a computer to perform Netgear router setup for the first time? Need not to worry! You can use a wireless device such as a wireless laptop, smartphone or tablet to get the job done. Here's how to do Netgear router setup manually using a wireless device:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of your Netgear router.
- Switch on your modem and wait until the lights become stable.
- Next, power on your Netgear router and then wait for the LED lights to become stable.
- Note down the Preset wireless settings of your Netgear router which can be found in the manual. If you have lost or misplaced the Netgear router manual, contact our experts and take on-the-spot technical help.
- On your wireless device, open the WiFi connection manager and find the network name of your Netgear router.
- Click on your network and enter the passphrase when prompted to connect.
- After that, open an Internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- If the Netgear genie fails to appear, go to the address bar and type www.routerlogin.net web address.
- It will open the login page which asks for username and password.
- Now, input the default login credentials and click on the login button.
- Follow the guidelines on the Netgear genie wizard to configure your WiFi router.
Netgear Router Wired Setup Steps
On the off chance that you want to configure your Netgear DSL modem router for broadband or cable internet connection using the smart wizard, here are the steps to consider:
- First, connect the modem to the internet port of the Netgear router and to your computer in any of the four LAN ports.
- Turn the router, computer, and broadband cable modem, off and on again. Wait until all the devices finish booting up.
- Open a web browser window and type the router default IP address in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now, you will be permitted to log into the router.
- If the default username and Netgear router setup password is not working, try other passwords, or you may need to change the password. Or else, you can contact our experts to resolve this issue.
- Click on the Setup Wizard option. The Setup Wizard screen appears.
- Select Yes and click Next option.
- Thereafter, the Setup Wizard finds the type of internet connection. If you have a cable internet connection, the setup wizard detects a Dynamic IP address.
- Click Next. The router will save the settings.
- Select 'Router Status' under 'Maintenance' to check if you are connected to the internet.
Netgear Router Setup Issues
- Routerlogin.net doesn’t open
- Setup for the first time
- Router IP access issues
- Browser installation problems
- Slow WiFi connectivity
- Issues with Netgear parental controls
- Unable to find Netgear Router Default IP address
- Netgear router setup for Mac
- Can’t recover the password for home network
- DNS problems with the router
- Firmware issues
- Can’t enable port forwarding feature
- Lost Netgear router admin password
- Unable to connect the printer with router
- IP address filtering
- Netgear router setup without modem
- Router security problems