Why Can't I Access Internet on Nighthawk Router?
It is extremely frustrating to experience no internet issue even when you are connected to your WiFi router. In the recent months, a large number of people approached our experts for getting a fix for 'Can't access Internet on Nighthawk Router' issue. Though the issue can be fixed by tweaking various settings of the WiFi device and cross-checking certain settings, unfortunately there is no single solution to the problem. Here are some of the troubleshooting tips you can try to get the no internet error issue fixed and make your Nighthawk router working again.
Troubleshoot Netgear Nighthawk Router Internet Connectivity Issues
- If your Nighthawk WiFi router is not showing internet access, then the first thing you can check is whether all your wired connections are correct and finger-tight or not. Also, check if your Nighthawk router and modem are getting sufficient power supply. To do do, you can check the LED lights on your router. If you see the LED on your Nighthawk is blinking orange, then it shows that there is some issue in the connectivity of your router and DSL or modem. To get the Netgear Router Orange Light issues fixed, click here.
- Improper placement of the Nighthawk WiFi router can also lead to poor WiFi connection or no internet issue. So, make sure that your Nighthawk WiFi router is placed closer to the modem. Also, be certain that your router is not fetching any signal interference from other WiFi devices in your home like baby monitors, microwave ovens, metal appliances, cordless phones, fish tanks, refrigerators, and then some. If you are unable to keep all such devices away from your Nighthawk router, then temporarily turn them off and check if the WiFi router is showing internet connectivity or not.
- Check with your Internet Service Provider that whether proper internet signals are coming from that end or not. You can also run a ping test on your system to check the internet speed. If the speed is not proper, ask your ISP to get it fixed.
- Restart your Nighthawk router as well as modem. To do so, plug out both the devices from the wall socket. Let both the devices remain unplugged for some time. After that, plug in your modem and Nighthawk router and let them boot properly. Perhaps, doing the restart process your WiFi devices start working when the next time you access Netgear router login page.
- Try an Ethernet cable to fix internet connectivity issue. Sometimes, connecting a router to modem wirelessly doesn't provide proper internet signals. So, it is better to use a wired cable for connecting both the devices.
- No internet connectivity issue on a Nighthawk router can also be due to the use of outdated firmware version. So, check if your Netgear Nighthawk router is updated with the latest firmware version or not. If not, update the firmware right now by heading towards the official site of Netgear.
- Sometimes improper or partial configuration of the Nighthawk router can also make your WiFi drop. To fix it, reset the device to default factory settings and then configure it again to see if it works for you.
These are some of the tips to troubleshoot Netgear Nighthawk Router Internet Connectivity Issues. Just in case you still are facing issues with your WiFi device and can't make the most of your internet, then feel free to get in touch with our technical experts for having an immediate solution to the problem.