How to Update Netgear R8000 Firmware to the Latest Version
What to do when a WiFi slows down? Well, no prizes for guessing! Of course, you turn off your Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 AC3200 router for some time and then turn it back on again, right? However, neglecting this slowdown can put your private data at risk. So, it is important to regularly update your Netgear R8000 firmware
to keep the security features up-to-date.
This post will guide you on how to update Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 firmware. Let's take the plunge.
Netgear R8000 Firmware Update
There are various ways for Netgear R8000 firmware update. Not only you can use the web user interface or the Nighthawk app but also manually update Netgear R8000 firmware with ease.
All the firmware update methods are described below:
Update Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Firmware Using Web Interface
Netgear releases new firmware updates on a regular basis to enhance your router's performance, improve security, and add new features. To check whether new features are available on your Netgear Nighthawk X6 WiFi router, ensure that it is running the latest firmware version.
Here's how to perform Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware update using the web user interface:
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 X6 tri-band WiFi Gigabit router.
- Now, power up your laptop and computer.
- Open any web browser on it. You can choose between Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, and Explorer.
- Access the default Netgear router login web page.
- It asks you for username and password.
- Fill in the asked details and hit Log In.
- Go to the Advanced settings.
- Click on the Router Update or Firmware Update option.
- The router will search for a new firmware.
- In case new Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware update is available, click on the Yes button.
Now, wait for the Netgear R8000 firmware update process to be completed. After that, the router will restart itself.
Update Netgear X6 Firmware Using Nighthawk App
Once you are successfully done with the Netgear router setup
, follow the instructions below to get Netgear R8000 firmware update using the Nighthawk mobile app:
- Take your mobile device and connect it to a high-speed WiFi network.
- Open the Google Play or App Store on your smartphone.
- Search for the Nighthawk app.
- From the search results, tap on the Download button next to the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Once downloaded, follow the on-screen steps and install the app.
- Now, open the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- When prompted, enter the admin username and password.
- Tap on the Sign In button.
- From the Router Settings page, tap on the Check for Updates option.
- In case a new firmware is available, tap on the Update button.
When the Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 firmware update process gets started, do not turn off the router and do anything else until the update process finishes.
Update Netgear X6 AC3200 R8000 Firmware Manually
Here are the steps to update Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 firmware manually:
- First of all, complete the Netgear R8000 firmware download process.
- For this, you need to enter the model number of your router in the search bar and hit Enter.
- From the drop-down menu, select X6 AC3200 R8000.
- Now, select the firmware version and click on the Download button.
- Let the Nighthawk X6 firmware update file download on your desktop.
- Unzip the file if needed.
- Log in to your Netgear R8000 WiFi router.
- Click on the Firmware Update option.
- Next, click on the Browse option and choose the downloaded firmware file.
- Finally, click on the Upload button.
Wait for some time until the firmware update process completes.
That's how you can update your Netgear R8000 firmware to the latest version. In case you come across any type of technical issue during the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 firmware update process, contact our experts.