How to Factory Reset Netgear Router?
Netgear, the gigantic WiFi router manufacturing company around the world, has launched a plethora of router models for its users to enjoy seamless internet in all areas of their home. However, at times due to few glitches in the working of the device, users need to factory reset their Netgear router for getting it back to the default settings. So, to help you overcome the situation, we are going to shed light on the steps on how to reset Netgear router. Let's get started!Caution: Before you access the Reset button on your Netgear router to take the device back to factory defaults, let's make you aware of the fact that resetting your router will delete all the personalized settings made by you at the time of configuring your Netgear router. So, it is better to have a backup of important settings (if any!)
Factory Reset Netgear Router via Web GUI
A user can take the router back to factory settings by logging into the device. All you need to do is:
- Power up your router by plugging it into a working power socket.
- Wait till you find the power LED on your device becomes green and gets stable.
- Once done, access the router login page by launching an internet browser on your computer/mobile.
- You will then be asked to enter the username and password of your WiFi router.
- Enter the default credentials. Just in case you have made changes to your credentials, access the dashboard of your router by using the changed username and password.
- Hitting the Log In button will take you to the Netgear Genie Setup wizard of your WiFi device.
- Reaching there, navigate to Settings > Administration
- Locate the Reset option and select YES to make all the changes effective.
Factory Reset Netgear Router Via Reset Button
If you find the manual process of resetting a Netgear router a bit tricky then you can also try the Hard Reset method to take your WiFi device back to default settings. Here's how to reset Netgear router using the physical Reset button.
- Before you initiate the Reset process for your Netgear router, make sure the power light on the device is showing green and is stable.
- You can now locate the Reset button on the back of your router. The location of the button may differ as per the Netgear router model you have. So, check all the sides of the device to find the Reset button on it.
- Next, get access to a pin and using the same press and release the Reset button.
That's all! Your Netgear WiFi router resets!
As soon as you complete the Netgear router reset, you need to again set up the device for making it work. For that, check here - how to use Netgear web interface to set up a Netgear router. We hope that you will now be able to make the most of your WiFi router.
If even after doing the reset and reconfiguration of your Netgear router, you can't get the most out of your device – or it doesn't work as expected – it seems that there is an issue with the hardware of your Netgear router or your router needs some advanced troubleshooting. In such a case, it would be better to get in touch with technical support executives for diagnosing the WiFi router issues and getting them fixed for you.