Configure A Netgear Wireless Router For Broadband Internet ConnectionIn this post, we will be helping you to configure your Netgear wireless router for broadband/ cable internet connection. A Netgear router is a smart device in today's modern world that joins networks together safely and securely routes the traffic between them.
What is RoutingIt is the process of forwarding IP (Internet Protocol) packets from one network to another safely and securely.
Smart Wizard: Configuration of a Smart Netgear router for cable internet connection:Netgear router installation: Use up-to-date modem for the configuration process. Older version of modem will not work.
- Switch of your device (computer or laptop), router, and broadband modem. After some time, turn them on again.
- Switch on your main router first and wait for your devices to boot up properly.
- Once done, open an internet browser and type Netgear router default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 into the URL field and press Enter.
- If this doesn't work, go with routerlogin.net web address.
- If routerlogin.net not working, then opt for another relevant and up-to-date internet browser.
- Now, you will be prompted to fill in the username and password by default in the required fields of the displayed page. Type them carefully and proceed further with Netgear router setup process.
- Click on the setup wizard option.
- When the setup wizard screen displays – click on the option 'Yes' and after that, tap on 'Next'.
- Change the default settings only when you are aware of it.
- Do not change the login credentials as default.
- In case the default username and password are not working, then use your personalized one. Maybe you have change them before.
- Dial a toll-free number 1-888-884-6940 and ask us for Netgear router support.
- Regularly update Netgear router firmware.
Netgear Router Troubleshooting: Reset your Netgear device if none of the above-mentioned steps work.
- First of all, you have to verify that your Netgear router’s power light is on properly.
- After that, on the back panel of your router, locate the reset hole.
- Use a paper clip, pen or pin.
- Gently press and hold the reset button.
- After a few seconds, release the button carefully.
- The LED lights on your device will start blinking, which means that your main WiFi router has been rebooted successfully.
How to Troubleshoot a lost internet connection problem?
- First of all, you are supposed to check the connection between your devices (wired and wireless). Make sure that each connection is tightly and securely plugged in.
- Refresh your cable connection.
- Power cycle your home network.
Steps for power cycling a home network
- Turn off all your networking devices (modem, router, computer or the laptop).
- After a few minutes, turn on your existing modem first. Let it boot up properly. This will take a few minutes while your existing device is syncing with your ISP to establish a new connection.
- As soon as your existing modem completes the connection to your internet service provider, turn on the Netgear wireless router. It will establish a new connection automatically with the Cable or DSL modem.
- This process might take a few minutes.
- Now, you can see that the LED lights on your router and the modem will illuminate a solid green color.
- Now, you can turn on your wired and wireless smart devices.